What is Breathwork?
Breathwork is a somatic modality (of the body) that invites you to practice different breath patterns. Consciously using your breath is key to releasing tension, stress, emotions, helping you access different emotional states, shifting the energy from within your body and offering lots of ongoing health benefits.
I still believe in mindset (top down) and I have fallen in love with the power of accessing the body (bottom up). Together they deepen our ability to transform and heal sustainably. I use breathwork for relaxation, nurturing and transformation. It integrates and magnifies what we already do as coaches.
Depending on the intention of the session, breathwork can energise and invigorate you. It can help your body return to homeostasis, or even take you to a different planet. It’s possible you will be able to access different states of consciousness so you can create clarity and tap into your intuition. Every person and every session holds a different experience.
I will teach you different breath patterns, inviting you to breath, possibly move and maybe make sound. We will be breathing for extended periods of time (often 20 minutes or more) and you will be accessing your nervous system.
I am so excited to be able to offer a somatic experience to my clients and your clients too.
Breathwork is a beautiful somatic practice that has the power to elevate, heal and transform.
The breathwork I offer is a journey that involves the somatic process of breathing to shift energy, emotions, improve health, transform and heal.
I am available to facilitate breathwork 1:1 or for groups. Please reach out for more details [email protected]
Individual Breathwork Sessions
In a 1:1 session I will tailor a breathwork journey to your needs and desires. We will discuss your intention in the session. We can delve into the blocks, releasing obstacles, emotions or energy. We can expand your possibilities, opening your mind, heart and intuition to find abundance and clarity in any area of your life you choose.
My approach is collaborative, and I trust and honour the pace, intensity, and type of breath that will feel right for you at the time of our session.
I am currently offering 1:1 one hours session for $90USD. (If you live Down Under I will invoice in AUD$)
Contact me directly if you have questions or would like to purchase a Gift Certificate.
Book a Single Session
Common Benefits Include
- Reduced stress or anxiety.
- Experience of relaxation, calm and inner peace.
- Connection with your emotions, including processing and releasing emotions (including trauma held in the body).
- Improving overall health and vitality.
- Increased oxygen level in the blood, improved circulation, boost to immune system.
- Heightened awareness giving you access to your intuition/ inner voice/ universal energies.
- More energy and mental clarity.
- Deepen relationship to body and self.
How to prepare for your breathwork session:
You can bring an intention to the session if you want. I suggest you have an empty stomach to maximize your comfort. You are welcome to use headphones and an eye mask. You can also bring a journal and a pen to jot down any ah-has at the end of the session.
The invitation is really to set up your space so it’s comfortable, and feels safe. You might want to light a candle, use essential oils, bring a blanket and a pillow. It’s up to you.
You are welcome to participate sitting up or lying down. If you are sitting up, please make sure you are leaning against something.
If you can set up your computer or phone in a way that I can see your face and chest while you are breathing, it is ideal.
Possible Emotional Experiences
Possible Physical Experiences
Cramping in the hands, feet or face called tetany. (It’s normal and will go away once you release the breath)
Safety and Health requirements
The following is a list of concerns and conditions (some but not limited to this list) that one must seek a doctors approval before participating in breathwork:
- Recent surgeries or medical procedures.
- History of mental health conditions, such as anxiety, panic attacks, bipolar depression, severe psychiatric symptoms or trauma, that may be triggered by breathwork.
- Medications that may affect your breathing or cardiovascular system.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Heart attack
- High blood pressure
- History of aneurysms, epilepsy or history of seizures,
- Retinal detachment
- Severe psychiatric symptoms, bipolar depression
- Pregnant women or postpartum women can participate in lighter breathing practices also known as integrative patterns but may wish to avoid more activated patterns that may cause emotional responses.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. [email protected]